Notice on Application for 2022 PKU International Students Academic Award
PKU International Students Academic Award has been awarded by Peking University since 1999 to international students at PKU who are not only outstanding in virtue but also in their academic field. The 2022 Academic award is now open for application. Students who fulfill the requirements listed below are required to complete the scholarship application and submit the documents required in full to be nominated for the scholarship.
i. Criteria and Eligibility
Applicants must be PKU’s graduating undergraduate students, master’s students or PhD candidates. (All must be students in their final year.)
1. Applicants may only apply once during their entire studies at PKU（during the course of their program at PKU）.
2. Graduate students in one-year Master's programs or joint degree programs are ineligible to apply.
3. Students who have violated Chinese Government laws and regulations, PKU rules or failed to meet a passing grade in any subject are ineligible to apply.
4. Students who are recipients of other scholarship awards are eligible to apply.
ii. Application materials
1. Application form for undergraduate students, please note that " Self-Assessment " section is required to be completed and signed by the student; (download)
2. Academic transcript with the average GPA stated;
3. Supplementary materials (not required but can be attached as reference): recommendation letter(s), documents which serve as academic feedback etc.
1. Application Form for graduate students, please note that "Self-Assessment" section complete with signature and "Supervisor’s Comments" sections are required; (download)
2. Academic transcript;
3. Two letters of recommendation from professors of your department.
4. Papers published (including front page of the periodical where paper was issued, the page of contents of the periodical, and abstract of paper (if any)).
5. List of published papers. Please click on the link to download the format required.
ⅲ. Application Instructions
Applicants must submit all the application materials required within the period from October 27th to, 24:00 November 6th 2022 (Beijing Time) to email@example.com Late submissions will not be considered, with no exceptions permitted.
The email subject line should be named as: 2022 PKU International Students Academic Award + department/school + program of study + student ID No.
iv. Scholarship Types:
The scholarship is divided into 4 categories, each with different awards.
1. First Prize for PhD Candidates: 10,000RMB
2. Second Prize for PhD Candidates: 5,000RMB
3. Prize for Master's Students: 5,000RMB
4. Prize for Undergraduate Students: 4,000RMB
v. Review Methods and Standards:
1. Candidates should register on time, take courses according to their academic requirements and achieve excellent academic results;
2. Undergraduate students must complete 90% of their compulsory courses (including major-required courses and commonly required core courses) by the end of their third academic year. The ranking for this award is conducted according to the average CGPA and the overall performance of required courses.
3. Graduate students will be evaluated according to their course examination results, academic accomplishment as well as research and innovation ability;
4. PhD candidates applying for the first prize must have papers published on professional official publications; the author affiliation should be Peking University and the papers must be published during the applicant's study at Peking University.
vi. Release of 1st round results and appeal application: Late November
vii. Final results announcement of scholarship award: Beginning of December
International Students Division, Office of International Relations, PKU